Monday, April 1, 2013

23 Weeks

A week of firsts for the little guy.  His first Easter, finally, a first tooth and making it through a whole church service!  I have been on tooth watch for almost 2 months now, because it seems like he has been in pain for that long!  Last week was especially bad, and I wish I could do more for him!  He seems to like chewing on frozen toys, so that provides some temporary relief.

His little Easter outfit was so cute, I just wanted to eat him up. Boys knee socks are not easy to find though! He was awake for the first half of the service, and then went to sleep until the end. The Easter angels were on our side.  One person said he looked like Mini Me from Austin Powers.  Not really my goal...
This picture makes me laugh because I swear, it looks like I'm holding a one year old. And it looks like he saying, "I will not smile.  I am cool and tough and I don't know why you put me in this ridiculous outfit."  I am constantly putting away clothes that don't fit. I have two plastic totes full already. As we approach 6 months, I am dreading solids, only because that means my easy diaper routine will become more complicated! I did locate the Baby Bullet food maker in the basement and am prepared to get started in a few weeks. Something tells me he's going to be a champ at eating!
 He's rolling both ways with ease now too.  I've given up on forcing him to sleep on his back, and everyone gets more sleep that way.  I love my video monitor even more now, so I can see that he is ok, even on his belly.  I ordered mesh bumpers, so we have no more limbs getting stuck in the crib rails too!  It also looks like he's trying to sit up on his own.  He's working on those core ab muscles!

Easter morning was quite chaotic, as is any time we try to leave the house.  It's especially fun when Patton is involved.  Trying to get an excited dog, a screaming baby, jackets and shoes on, and everyone into the car.  I woke up extra early on Easter, and even ironed the clothes the night before.  But without fail, we were still running around at the last minute.  I didn't brush my teeth and pictures had to wait for after church.
Off topic...I've used my mixer more in the past two months than in the past 5 years!  The latest recipe was mini cheesecakes!  I'm trying to show Billy that he is wrong, and this industrial mixer would not be best used as a boat anchor!  You should try these - so easy and delicious!  

No comments:

Post a Comment