Monday, April 8, 2013

24 Weeks

Look at Will drinking from the bottle! Ha! Not. He seemed interested, and I helped him drink it by tilting it up for him but it just lead to him being uncomfortable, skipping a nap and throwing off our whole routine. So we came, we tried(not very hard) and we quit. Not a big deal for me, since I don't mind feeding him and a sippy cup isn't too far away. This whole journey of having a baby has been uncharted territory of trying things, and figuring out what works best.
 What a glorious weekend! Even the weather man agreed that warm temps are overdue! We put up Will's swing in the backyard and he seemed to like it! So we'll add it to our daily entertainment circuit. Patton(the forgotten dog) loves being outside with us too. Will has started noticing Patton and putting his hand out to him. Patton is probably thrilled at the prospect of more attention!

We visited the church nursery on Sunday to get a feel for it. I thought I would be hesitant, but not so! Billy wants to wait a few more weeks, but I'm seeing a weekly hour of vacation on the horizon! :) I kid. I tell him all the time he needs to start walking bc I'm getting tired of carrying a 25lb baby around!

Teething is still ruining my nights and the occasional afternoon. Advil and frozen toys seem to work best. He's waking up 3 or more times at night. Every time I wake up, I look at my clock just hoping its closer to morning. We were up at 5:15 on Saturday, so we just went downstairs and I made blueberry oatmeal pancakes. I just sit him in his high chair, while he throws all of his toys on the ground. But in general, I think he likes being in the kitchen with lots if noise. He's not a quiet baby! I'm thinking he gets his personality from his dad!

What else...he's getting better and better at sitting! He can hold himself up for a few seconds at a time, so I was so happy when I got this picture! The outtakes are even funnier! If you have/had a baby, you know for every one good picture, there are give bad ones! Thank goodness fur digital cameras, because if not, his baby book would be full of messy pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment