Monday, April 22, 2013

6 Months

Will is a 1/2 year old! This month has been filled with a lot of firsts! I know I say this every month, but he gets more fun all the time!  During this past month he:
Got his two bottom teeth
Started sitting forward facing in his stroller instead of the infant seat
Moved into a larger car seat
Rolls both ways and all over the room
Started water babies at the YMCA
Went to the church nursery for the first time
Sits on his own (but can't get into the sitting position by himself)
Sits in the grocery cart

Water Babies was so fun this weekend!  He splashed the water around, and was so good about getting his whole head wet.  He was probably the youngest one in the class, because 6 months is the age requirement.  So yes, I did fib a bit on the registration form.  He was not the smallest though!  I think he only gained about a pound this month.  We'll see at his well visit on Friday, but I think he's stabilized around 25 pounds for now.  We hit the jackpot at the consignment sale last week, and everything I bought was 24months/2T, which is just a tad big now, but should be perfect for summer. 


Guess what else was fun?  Will in the nursery!  We went down to check on him twice through the window and he was having a great time without us!  I'm so glad it went well, so now we can feel good about dropping him off there each Sunday.
Solid foods will start this week!  Also our first dinner out with Mom and Dad(Grandma and Grampy) during their weekend visit.  I'm sure month seven will be a great one too...bonus points if I can get some more sleep though!

No comments:

Post a Comment