Tuesday, February 12, 2013

16 Weeks

 A big congrats to my SIL and brother on their new bundle of joy! He is adorable and brought back a flood of wonderful memories from - only 16 weeks ago? It seems like we have had Will for much longer than nearly 4 months. But I'm just so happy for them! It's funny how you notice different things about babies once you have your own. I remember thinking the same thing about weddings. Before I was engaged, I would send RSVP cards late or not at all. After my wedding, they would be in the mail ASAP bc I knew what the brides were going through. So before when I would see a baby and just think something general, like, oh, cute baby. But now I notice things like how much hair the have, if their eyes are open, if they have the little piggy nose...but I digress. Such a life change, but so awesome!

Will has started to be more involved, it seems. During a meal if he starts crying from his high chair or rocker, I'll put him on my lap and he'll put his hand toward my plate or hit the table. His hands are always grabbing at things, but not with much control. Most of the time, he doesn't even look at what he's going for. I guess eye-hand coordination comes later.

Billy made a new rule: no bonnets on Will. I won't share the picture, but I bought an Easter outfit that fits him now, so it certainly won't fit him at Easter. And it came with a darling bonnet hat. Billy thinks I was making fun of him by dressing him up and taking the picture, but I wasn't! He said little boys should be limited the baseball caps and train conductor hats. That last part is random, I know.
Oh, West Virginia. What I've noticed is that you're not cool unless you are wearing apparel from Cabela's. I even saw our local kids consignment store was advertising a baby girl's hunting camo outfit. No. No. No. Also, my hair in the back is growing in super wavy-I blame pregnancy. But Billy says its perfect for WV because perms are still cool here  I went to the local Moms Club meeting this morning and there were plenty of normal moms there - without perms!  So there is hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment