Tuesday, September 25, 2012

37 Weeks

Size: A winter melon or swiss chard.  What are those?  19 inches and about 6 pounds.

Interesting fact: He is considered full term now.  I sort of reject that idea, because so much brain development happens between now and 40 weeks.  But I guess I get it - his lungs are developed and he'd be fine if he was born now.

Symptoms: Tired.  So tired.  Even though I sleep a lot at night.  Now some brown splotches on my face, lovely.


Maternity clothes: I found this dress under the guest room bed this weekend- I bought it in the beginning, but forgot I had it! 

Cravings: Last night was chicken and fried rice.   


Aversions: ???


Fun things: Packed the hospital bag this weekend!  I have no idea how big he'll be, so I packed a few things for him.  The newborn outfit just seems so tiny, I can't imagine him being that small.  Truthfully, I only have 2 newborn outfits, so if he does turn out smaller than I anticipate, I'll have to figure something out.  I also sewed his crib skirt this weekend.  My MIL got me some of the Pottery Barn Madras bedding, but not the crib skirt, which retails for $60.  So I just made a plain blue one and very pleased with the finished product.  I got my early push present, which I also requested be my Christmas present.  At first it was a Toshiba Excite tablet, but it kept freezing and was a little quirky, so B exchanged it for the iPad yesterday.

What I miss: Sitting/laying down easily and comfortably.  Long walks.

Misc: I've been sick since I got my flu shot last week.  I don't know if there is a correlation, or I was just getting sick anyway.  When I got the shot, I watched her inject it, and Billy physically shuddered on the other side of the room.   His needle tolerance is quite low!


1 comment:

  1. You look absolutely amazing. Anything you need that a parent isn't around for (even though I'll help if I can when they are around), you let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete