Tuesday, August 21, 2012

32 Weeks


Size: A squash or jicama? 3.75 pounds and 16.5 inches.

Interesting fact: He is already head-down - after the midwife confirmed, now I can feel it and identify the body parts that are poking out.

Symptoms: Tired - and still have that pulled/stretched muscle in my abdomen.


Maternity clothes: A couple things are too small for me now!  I didn't see that coming!

Cravings: The same - fruit.  I hope peach season doesn't die too soon.


Aversions: I still haven't tried hamburgers, but I'm fine without them.
 

Fun things: So many things!  I did finally buy him an outfit - a Steelers jersey onsie - and then we got to go to a game on Sunday!  Melissa had her own personal shower for me - bought me lunch and fun gifts!  I washed all of his clothes and put them away...and there are a lot!  Somehow I have 15 pairs of baby mittens? There are less than 60 days left until the due date...and less than 40 days of work! 

What I miss: Long walks, for sure.

Misc: When I tell people I'm using a midwife, attempting a natural birth, or cloth diapers, it seems that people always need an explanation.  Only 7% of women at the hospital I'll be at choose not to have an epidural, but the number is greater than 50% with the midwives at the hospital(yes, they are practitioners who work full time at the hospital, not a birthing center), and also have a drastically lower percentage of other interventions during birth.  In the beginning, I was terrified of the idea of not having drugs, but the more I learn about it in class, and reading positive birth stories, the more calm I(and Billy!) feel about my decision.  Some women want, and need an epidural and I get that...I wouldn't ask them to tell me why they did it...it's just interesting that I end up explaining away my decisions.  But who knows - babies have their own plans, so we'll see how this one ends up joining us in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment