Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day! I have been busy being independent this weekend since Billy had to help a friend get his boat up to Ocean City, MD this weekend. I got to the beach by 8:30 which would have NEVER happened if Billy was there and spent about 3 hours just reading my stack of magazines that have been piling up. The only subscription I get now is Redbook, but I really like it. I might be slightly younger than their average demographic, but at least I'm not embarrassed to have it on my coffee table when people come over!
I have also enjoyed some other single girl behavior such as roaming the mall aimlessly, trying lots of things on at TJMaxx, Lean Pockets, eating ice cream out of the carton, endless episodes of Say Yes to That Dress and naps. I still do a lot of this when Billy is home, but I like a quiet house sometimes. There is not a reality show on in Billy's presence without him ranting about the Kardashians being famous for doing nothing.

This is the first 4th of July that I have ever spent alone. When Billy and I first started dating, we took me to his friend's house for a cookout on July 4th and it started out with just us, his friend, brother and parents. It somehow escalated to Slapshot, the Washington Capitals mascot being there and a bounce house being blown up. I actually knew then I would marry him for his connections to professional mascots. I wish I had a picture of that day - it was hilarious and of course Billy hurt his neck for days after in that bounce house.

Anyway, it should be a glorious day now that people have started playing with fireworks in their backyards and Patton barking at every. single. one. of them. HAPPY 4th!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment