Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Tomorrow is Veteran's Day and I DO NOT have to work! But then I have to come back on Friday and back again on Saturday morning for Open House. Booo. But it will be so nice to not wake up to an alarm tomorrow. A real alarm, anyway. Surely when I open my eyes I will have crazy dog sitting there staring at me. Palm Beach County School don't get off tomorrow, to my dismay because I was trying to hang out with my only actual friend, Lauren in Boynton Beach. She's a guidance counselor at the school in my neighborhood. No such luck. People are writing article and editorials about not closing the schools, but I think it is just as well that they don't. They should probably be IN school learnig about why we should honor our veterans. I have several in my family...pretty much every male: my husband, brother, father, grandfather & uncle. Jim, my brother is the only active duty and is currently serving in Kuwait. We just found out that we can text him and he skypes with his fiance. He also has a ROOM to himself and rumor has it that he complained to my mom about some lobster he ate. Not so rough with the Air Force, I guess. Still, we are very proud that he has chosen to serve his country.

Speaking of serving our country, I was watching the "W" on the Today Show this morning. A lot of controversy, obviously, but he gave a good interview and can talk a lot more off the cuff now that he is not president. I would like to read his book and I think he was at a book fair in Miami just yesterday! For my first Grad English course next semester, I think I'm going to take a course on biographies, so I should probably read one first! This is an autobiography, so maybe it doesn't count? Sarah Palin's auotbiogrpahy is also on my list. I'm sure I'll be really popular in this class with those choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment