Monday, September 30, 2013

49 Weeks

Looks like we're getting closer to 52 weeks!  And look...we have a climber!  I turn around to put some clothes away, and Will thought he would get a better view from his rocking chair!  I need to keep my eye on this one!  He really needs to learn how to clean up his room too. ;)
We hit our area's semi-annual consignment sale this weekend.  Billy does not like me to buy second hand, but let's be real.  I got a snow suit for $4 and snow boots for $5.  I would pay AT LEAST four times that if I bought it at retail, and chances are that he'll only wear them a few times.  Will is now stocked up for this fall/winter.  In size 2T.  That's right, big boy.  Look how big he looks in this picture with his snack cup!
 Another consignment win was this elephant ball shooter.  Pretty much endless entertainment.  I have seen on other blogs where kids have been scared of this toy. Not this tough guy!
He took a few steps this weekend.  We kept trying to get him to do it again, but he would rather sit or crawl than play that game with us.  But it makes me think we're so close to having a walker!  I so look forward to it so we can play more in the park and do more outside before it gets too cold!
In my (fruitless) attempt to wean Will, I went to a breastfeeding group on Saturday morning.  I felt like introducing him as, "This is Will, and he is addicted to the milk."  I picked up some more helpful tips like having just Billy give him his food, always offer it before offering to nurse, and keeping him busy doing other things outside of his room.  The tough part is many nights, Billy doesn't make it home before Will eats dinner.  He just still isn't really into eating solid foods(except cheese) and I can't force it down his throat.  So I'll just keep dicing it up and eventually he'll it more....or so they say! :)  My Dad says to cut him off cold turkey.  Ha. Ha. Hahaha.  I'll let him babysit for that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment