Sunday, September 15, 2013

47 Weeks

What a weekend.  Nothing like some quality family time...during 18 hours in the car!  On Friday morning, we hit the road for Billy's sister's wedding in Norfolk and somehow, got checked-in, ready and to the rehearsal by 4.  Will is a pretty laid-back guy when it comes to a schedule and going with the flow.  We even had time to go out to dinner.  Something Billy and I rarely, if ever, attempt to do.  Will was a total team player though!
 Everyone, in try Hudgins fashion, stayed up late late late on Friday night, while I went to bed at 8:30 with Will.  Good thing, because he was up at 5.  As soon as the sun rose, we hit the pavement and strolled nearly four miles through the Norfolk waterfront.  The weather was awesome and Will fell asleep in the stroller.  When we got back to the hotel, we saw most everyone at breakfast...but then found Billy still in bed!  So we were sure to wake him up!  Thankfully, thinking ahead, I packed gatorade and motrin.

Yadda yadda...anyway, we had fun the rest of the gorgeous day outside.  We got to the church, and everything was copacetic. Until the bridal procession started and Will lost it.  I went to the back of the church.  Then the lobby.  And then outside.  I had never seen him cry uncontrollably like that.  I tried to feed him, rock him, hold him, put him down...everything.  I missed the whole ceremony and all the family pictures.  As soon as I got him back to the hotel and in his pajamas, he was out like a light.  Poor guy was just probably overwhelmed with all the travel, people and out of his environment.  Billy's sweet cousin came to relieve me about an hour into the reception.  I'm sure everyone was wondering why I would even attempt to bring a baby to the wedding.  But under different circumstances, I think he would have been ok and I wanted all of our extended family to spend some time with him.  Ugh, lesson learned!
It was our last trip for the summer.  We have been to NC back and forth twice.  DC back and forth twice.  And this time to VaBeach.  No mas!  I set a date for Will's baptism for next month, so Grandma and Grandpa will come visit us this time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment