Sunday, September 8, 2013

46 Weeks

The temperature has been so perfect on our morning walks lately!  It is probably my favorite time of day and Will is usually a team player the whole time.  I give him some ice to suck on and he's a happy camper.  We have had to change our route because of the mountain lion sighting a few weeks ago.  The image is still too fresh in my mind to venture back in there anytime soon!  
 It seems like lately Will has started playing with some of his toys, rather than just chewing on them. ;)  He has a couple trucks that he was moving back and forth across his room last week.  Billy thinks Will gets bored with his toys, but I think he's just easily distracted.  We cruised through Toys R Us last week and honestly, I wouldn't even know what toys to get an almost-one-year old.

Will tried a lot of new foods last week.  The funniest was ravioli because he would suck the cheese, and then spit the pasta back out of his mouth.  He also tried cous cous, hard boiled egg, pickles(did not like!), pork, and green pepper.  I stocked up on blueberries and grapes and froze them because they are about to go out of season and he loves them both. Ok, me too.
Big week ahead of packing for our trip to Va Beach to see Aunt Kelly get married.  Just the mental list of what we have to bring for Will is pretty lengthy!  And I still have not decided on his outfit either.  What does a baby wear to a black tie optional event?  I found a cute sailor outfit and ran it by Billy...and he thought I was joking, so that got the veto.

I bought the book, the No Cry Sleep Solution, hoping it would give me some answers.  Right now, I'm still in the research gathering stage, writing down when he naps every day and when he wakes up at night to see if I can see a pattern.  So far: no.  There are just too many variables, especially with teething, for me to really try to "train" him.  This book has a lot of small suggestions, that can assist in better sleep, without crying it out.  So when we get back, I may buckle down to try to employ some of them.  I mean, there has to be some middle ground between CIO and just living with a terrible sleeper, right?  Good thing he's so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment