Wednesday, January 19, 2011

So week 2 of class is over and I have survived so far. I actually read more than was assigned this weekend - by accident and after falling asleep at least once. I saved all my reading for Monday, since I had the day off. Bad idea. But anyway, we had a discussion in class last night about how Plato believed that one could "trap" their lover by basically crippling them financially and educationally. Then this girl - probably a little younger than me said "sounds like my husband." Whaat? Seriously, what year are we in, people? She said her husband only lets her take one class/semester. Heaven forbid she takes too many literature classes...next thing you know she'll be leading feminist rallies. But then the professor said he hears that a lot from women in his classes. I guess this was so shocking to me because I do have such a supportive husband when it comes to education. Heck, he paid for my housing while I was in grad school - before we were even married! He likes that I'm educated and work toward my goals - which means he is even closer to being a stay at home dad one day. We'll see about that one.

Have you ever had Jimmy Dean D'lights? Me neither. Mostly because they're $5.99/box. But this week, my friend, they were BOGO at Publix AND I had 2 $2.50 coupons...which means 2 boxes were out the door for $.99 - oh yes. If you can get this deal, I highly suggest it. They did not taste low-fat at all. Even B ate them and he hates low-fat/no-fat!

In other news...I am watching The Bachelor for the first time in years and I am HIGHLY intruiged. First of all, most of these women admitted to having father issues and then cried to Brad during their first time alone. He's not your therapist and don't you know that a cardinal rule of dating is to leave your baggage at home? This week, though, Emily's story about her fiance dying and then being pregnant with his child...they couldn't have scripted a more dramatic twist. Also, she is so sweet and makes Michelle look even more crazy by contrast. So yes, I'm loving it this season. Did you know Brad's last name is really Pickelsimir? http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b221485_uh-oh_bachelor_brad_has_rap_sheet.html

And Jersey Shore had better ratings this premier than previous seasons. That is the downfall of America my friends. No one under the age of 18 should be watching that mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment