Monday, January 20, 2014

Will on the loose

We're suffering from a little bit of cabin fever here.  Will ended up with a stuffy nose this weekend and was pretty pathetic yesterday.  When I woke up to it on Sunday, I had a flashback to the kids he interacted with last week and it could have been from any one of them - or even the play gym.  After I was done being angry about it, I realized that he's going to get a little sick eventually and the benefits of him socializing really do outweigh a little snot.  And really, for 15 months, only getting sick one other time, this is pretty minimal.  I'm sure this a concern of a one-kid mom...my friends who have 4 or 5...it's just another day!
This crazy kid.  All of the sudden likes boxes on his head...and it's all his doing!  He'll walk around like that too.  And now, he has started running!  Watch out!  He dumped Patton's water bowl three days in a row because he's too quick...I can't react fast enough!  Or he'll do it while I'm pouring coffee.  This weekend we also had to take the large bookcase out of his room and replace it with shelves.  He's a climber and that bookshelf was going to end up on the ground in a matter of time!
The before picture below is the only evidence that our basement is ever without toys covering it!  How thankful I am, to have this space.  I hope we never have to move into a house without a basement or playroom!  I love having an area that is all his, and I don't have to clean it up every day.
Some other funny things...
-When I'm rocking him to sleep, he has to have both of his hands suppressed, so one is usually behind my back, and the other is in my armpit.  What a weirdo.
-He'll point to the cabinet where we keep Patton's treats if he wants to give Patton a bone.
-After dinner, we let Will open Patton's gate to help clean up and it is a MAD DASH between the two to get to the high chair which is littered with food.  Patton is running to eat the leftovers and Will is running to try to hand Patton the food.  Will's running is the most hilarious thing to us - his hands straight down or behind his back, with his belly out.  We die every night.
-I now can't even say "Sesame Street"


No comments:

Post a Comment