Monday, January 13, 2014

Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street?

This time last week, the wind chill was -25.  Today it will be 55.  ABOVE ZERO.  I'm in favor of the latter.  A lot of people have been asking if we have been affected by the Kraton spill and if our water is ok. To my knowledge, it is fine.  I don't watch the tv during the day, so I usually have no idea what's going on.  When the first person asked, I had to go online to our local news to see what was up.  I think for most of our family and friends, we are the only people they know in WV, so when they hear about it on the news, we're the first people that come to mind.  So yes, we're fine.  But in the event of a similar disaster, we have close to 2 weeks worth of water in the basement.  We are "prepped", if you will.

I have started letting Will watch Sesame Street after breakfast.  Because many times, he gets up at 5am and I am just not with it enough to entertain him.  And it seems that he has become quite fond of the Sesame Street crew.  I was telling Billy about this, and how he knows some of the characters in books now.  So my dear husband, not really believing me, thought he would ask Will if he wanted to watch Sesame Street.  Will doesn't say much, but he KNOWS what you are saying.  He ran to the tv and started pointing.  When Billy wouldn't turn it on(bc he doesn't know how to access saved shows), a meltdown ensued.  Luckily, I came to the rescue.  This kid amazes me every day at what he is understanding!  I don't blame him for crying in this instance, because it was a bit of a tease.  A similar situation: I started singing the Thomas the Train song, and Will ran to the tv.  I didn't need to turn it on though.
 Another funny Billy-related story: as we were getting ready for church(I was getting everyone ready), I asked Billy to give Will some peanut butter toast.  I hear the shout from downstairs, "He is so messy!"  I guess he's never had the pleasure of watching Will pick all the peanut butter off the bread with his hands and then eat the bread.  I see it every day, so I'm just not phased by the mess anymore I guess!  Everyone is learning!

And last night, while Billy was getting Will ready for his bath, he took off his diaper and clothes while they were waiting, and Will peed on the floor.  Billy says, "I can't believe he peed!"  Really?  Our non-potty-trained kid peed on the floor while he wasn't wearing a diaper?  Shocking.  Of course, I laughed and left him to clean it up!

Never a dull moment around here - and that is fine with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment