Monday, October 21, 2013

One Year

Some quick year old stats:
Weight: 27lbs for the 4th month
Height: We’ll find out on Wednesday
Clothes: 24month/2T
Shoes: Size 5
Diaper: Size 4
Officially a walker!
 One year ago, Billy was trying to coerce me to put my Steelers jersey on to go to the hospital.  It seems like so long ago, more than a year.  But wow, how much has changed in a year and how much I have learned!  You can read, listen and watch all kinds of things, but I’m not sure anything really prepares you for being a mom.  The shock of the sleep deprivation, the constant feedings, and so many diapers!  What a blur that first month was!
 
I really don’t think I knew anything about babies before having Will.  Even after he came, there was(and is!) a huge learning curve.  I remember forgetting to wash his belly button, trying to feed him a bottle, and the pacifier, learning to swaddle, cloth diaper, diaper rashes, the list goes on.  For such a tiny being, there are a lot of moving parts!

As I look back on the year, I have such a feeling of gratitude.  I’m thankful for Will’s fun personality, his health, his demeanor, and the very close bond we have.  I’m grateful that I have been able to nurse without any issues, and we made it to a year…and according to Will, there is no end in sight.   Ha!

I couldn’t have imagined how much I am enjoying this time and this season of my life.  I never pictured being a stay-home-mom or thought I would ever have the opportunity.  Will has brought so much joy to our life this year.  SO MUCH.  Sure, there are days that are trying, and difficult, but they are few, and the good days outshine them.

He has changed so much and I as I was pushing him in the swing yesterday, I was amazed at how much he has grown in a year.  Born at 8lbs, 7oz, he is now at 27 pounds and looks like such a little boy.  We have more fun with him each month, as he learns to interact more.  I don’t think we could have imagined a better fit for our family of three.


As I look back on the pictures, some of them make me laugh so hard.  The chunky baby finally has a neck!  Happy one year, little buddy!












No comments:

Post a Comment