Sunday, October 6, 2013

50 Weeks

Hello, October!  The month of celebrations.  Up this week, is Patton!  General Pattycakes, that is.  He's going to be four!  Then on Sunday, we have Will's baptism, followed by Billy's birthday, which he shares with his dad and his sister's anniversary, Will's birthday, which he shares with his great-uncle, and my mom's birthday.  There are actually a few other extended family birthdays thrown in there too.  October is a little tough to keep up with!

This week, I gave Will hummus, which was pretty funny.  The first day, he tried to stick his face in it, and was a little frustrated.  The next day, he figured out how to use his hands to get it into his mouth and there was no turning back!  I had just never plopped a paste like that on his tray, so he was a little confused at first. He has been eating a little more lately and most days this week, he went 4 hours between nursing which is a vast improvement from TWO!  And he figured out the sippy cup!  Big things here at the Hudgins house!
He took a few more unassisted steps this week, which was fun to watch.  He looks a little drunk...all wobbly and overstepping.  He will walk between Billy and I and has only ventured to Patton outside of that.  We work on it a few times a day and I know he'll figure it out soon.  I know it's going to be so weird seeing my baby walking!
We started Kindermusik this week. For the first half our or so, Will was just taking it all in.  After he got his hands on a maraca, he loosened up a bit.  We're in a 1-2 year old class, so he is the youngest and the only non-walker.  I really enjoyed the class, and I think it will be good for me to learn different things to do with him.  The teacher uses a lot of sign language and does a great job with tailoring the class to the age group.  Two thumbs up, so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment