Sunday, July 28, 2013

40 Weeks

40 weeks - that means Will has been on the outside almost as long as he was on the inside.  He was six days late...so almost there!

Will and I are in the middle of our two-week vaca at my parents house.  Billy drove down with us last week, but he had to go home for work.  Luckily, Will and I have nothing locked into our calendar!  We have been having so much fun and more family will be coming this week.  He is excited to meet his cousin, who is only 4 months younger!
We took Will back to the beach, which is different for him this time, now that he can crawl.  He still like to eat sand and put shells in his mouth.  I showed him one of those sand crabs, that bury themselves in my hand, and without hesitation, he took it from my hand and it was going straight for his mouth!  What a surprise that would have been for him if it made it! Ewww!
 He also went on his first boat ride!  About 20 minutes in, he conked out!  I enjoyed the ride and getting some sun though!  Summertime with a baby does not lend it self to getting a tan!  Being here during the summer is great though, because there is so much to do with the dock, fishing, crabbing, the beach, and I know as he gets older, he's going to love it even more!

My mom and I were able to find a great jogging stroller on Craigslist so we can take him on our morning beach walks now.  The big, inflatable tires make it a breeze to push on the sand and now I don't have to lug my Bob back and forth from WV.  Clearly, Patton enjoys the morning beach walks too.
I just love summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment