Monday, July 8, 2013

37 Weeks

Surely, I will be blessed with a good sleeper with the next child.  Rarely, do I hear of other babies Will's age waking as much as he does, but these are the cards.  Two wake ups, is what I consider an ok night.  Three or more, is when a night is filed into the bad folder!  There is nothing that I have read, that I can do, so this is just a season and we're getting through it!

Poor guy has been hit with what seems to be allergies though.  I think I had it coming, because Billy and I were just talking about how he had not been sick yet.  He woke up on Saturday with his eyes almost crusted shut and gross stuff all over his face.  He doesn't seem to be too phased by it though.  We took him outside on Saturday, and it seemed to get worse.  Neither Billy or I have allergy issues, but we have been hearing that they are notoriously bad in this area because we are in a valley.  At his age, there isn't much we can do in the way of medicine either.  It seems to be getting better, and I just hope it goes away soon!

So we lowered his crib to the lowest setting and dang is it low!  I'm 5'7'' and I have a tough time basically doing a dead lift in the middle of the night with this 28 pound bowling ball of a baby!  With bending all the way over to get him, if I were much shorter, it would be seriously difficult!
Wiggly Will is not a snuggly baby.  Not even when he's tired.  Some babies will put their head on your shoulder and let you rock them...not this guy, not anymore, at least!  Even just sitting on my lap is not enough for him.  He tries to wriggle out of my arms and leap off the chair.  His arms and legs are always going.  Sometimes Billy and I just stare at him and wonder what he is going to be like in a couple years!  Occasionally, I even have to pin his arms down while I read a book!  We listened to a book recently, where a mom talked about having to pre-exercise her son for 2 hours before soccer practice, so he would be on the same energy level as the other kids.  I thought it was hilarious, but I hope that is not our case!
Will and I are hosting our first Moms Club play date on Tuesday.  I have never really been around kids, so I have no idea what to prepare...and it's for ages 0-2, which seems like a pretty wide range to me.  Will doesn't have a ton of toys, so I hope they're ok with some blocks and his sparkling personality!

No comments:

Post a Comment