Monday, June 10, 2013

33 Weeks

Somehow, in the 7.5 months I've had this little guy, I have never had an instance where I had to change Will's clothes on the go.  Until we arrived at church on Sunday!  Up the back, and the clothes had to come off.  Aaaand I didn't have an outfit for him to change in to.  So back in to the car we went, back home!  It was fine, because I did a terrible job of ironing Billy's shirt, which was a bit of an embarrassment anyway.  Lesson learned!


Getting closer to our beach trip next week!  In my head, I've been mentally preparing myself for lugging a car seat, Will, and our carry-on bag through the airport by myself.  Can you rent those baggage trollies and take them through security?  I plan on having him wrapped up in the moby, so my hands should be free.  Thank goodness for a direct flight!
Speaking of being wrapped up, I went to TJ Maxx this week on my relentless quest to find a swimsuit.  So far, I have 7 suits, and think I have decided on one.  Shopping with an infant - and having to try things on in a store like TJ Maxx is sort of a joke.  Swim suit shopping is not to be rushed!  So in the end, I bought a bunch and asked if I could just bring back what I didn't like.  I ordered several from Land's End too, because you can return any unwanted items to Sears.  But they were all a no-go.  And since I suspect the days of laying in the sun are gone, I need to be sure that I have something I'm comfortable in, and won't need to adjust while running after Will.  He's not really one to just sit and enjoy the scenery.
Billy promised me a baby-free grocery store trip on Sunday.  He said he just needed to run across the street to Harbor Freight  for some sort of saw and he'd be right back to watch Will.  He comes back an hour later with some lightbulbs from Lowe's!  What?  Not my fault he wasted Will's nap time at Lowe's.  Out the door I went, and enjoyed my mini-vacation in the produce aisle by myself!

In other baby development news, Will has progressed from rolling from point A to point B, to a modified army crawl.  It's pretty funny to watch, but he gets where he wants to go!  The top two teeth are still making their way, with no problems.  Diaper changes are becoming increasingly difficult, as most times, he rolls on to his belly.  So then I flip him back over, and sort of have to pin him down with my elbow.  We call him Wiggly Will.  He became pretty uninterested in food this week.  He won't open his mouth.  I got a couple tiny bits in, when I let him hold the spoon, but that is about it.  He's surely not going hungry though!  I guess I'll just keep offering, and eventually he'll come around.    And just this morning, he went from his belly to the sitting position.

No comments:

Post a Comment