Tuesday, January 8, 2013

11 Weeks

So we're at 11 weeks and the three month clothes are put away.  So many of them, he barely wore.  Onesies are where it's at for us.  I think I've said before, that baby pants are a nuisance to me.  I counted - and he had six pairs of light blue pants.  Seriously?  And several of those hooded zip up with cute animals on them. Very cute, but not so practical.  Also, the bulkier he is, the harder it is to squeeze him into the car seat.  A process which usually induces screaming on a normal day.
So I broke out the six month clothes, and some smaller looking 9 month outfits.  I remember receiving a 6 month outfit from my Aunt Kathy briefly after Will was born and thinking, he probably won't fit into it before winter is over.  Rookie mom strikes again.  Below is the outfit.  
I was looking at an Easter outfit to buy him and now that I know about the rapid growth...I wonder if he'll be beyond 9 month clothes at the end of March??
We're into size 3 diapers, too.  I signed up for Amazon Mom, which gets me 15% off diapers and wipes.  I put him in disposables at night, because cloth seems to wake him up because of the wetness more.   And as I've said before, Billy is on board with cloth, as long as I'm the one changing Will. If he's changing him, he doesn't deal with the cloth.  Fine, whatever.  At least he's changing a diaper.

Still working on tummy time, and it looks like he may be trying to roll over soon.  If he could just focus on something other than eating his hand.  Such a distraction!

I saw this and laughed.  I have a voice for Will in my head, and I can just hear him saying this.
While my weight may be back down to my pre-preg number, my body is far from the same!  I went from taking long walks nearly every day, to barely exercising at all for a few months now.  It has been super cold here, and snowed several days last week, so we stay bundled inside!  I keep checking my arm muscles, because carrying this bowling ball of a babe around has got to be doing something!!!  Also, as a new mom, I think another factor contributing the weight loss is really not having time to eat.  Sounds like a humble brag, but I am serious.  If it's during the day while he's napping, I'm trying to get other things done, and if we happen to have him content while we're eating, it's only for a short time, so getting seconds isn't an option.  And also, there's nursing.  Which surely burns calories - especially as often as Will eats!  Lastly, there is just not as much food in the house!  Grocery shopping is done less often, and when it is done, it is a race of the clock to either get home because Billy is watching him, or I'm afraid he will scream in the store, or - oh yeah, that giant car seat in the basket so there isn't room for as much food!

I always see pictures of babies smiling on FB!  I can't ever capture him smiling!  He does it more and more now, but I swear, he sees the camera and stops!  Thank goodness for the smiles though, because that makes everything so much more rewarding!  Someone told me that the first couple weeks are 90% work and 10% fun...and maybe it's a little more skewed to work than that, but it really does get more fun with every week!

No comments:

Post a Comment