Monday, November 12, 2012

Week 3

Week 3 already!  No official weight update because we don't have a pediatrician appointment this week.  His next appointment will be in 2 weeks for his one month visit.  My home scale says he weighs 10.6 pounds, which sounds like it could be close to accurate.  Not only does he make the piggy sounds when he's hungry, but he also flails his head around and headbutts whoever is holding him.  This baby is serious about meal time.
We had our 3rd weekend visit from Lisamarie, Aaron and Baby Anders this weekend.  They live about an hour away, but every time they are near the city, they pop in.  Billy was gone for work Saturday and Sunday, so they brought me lunch and Aaron took Patton for walks.  I love this picture of the baby chaos!  
Since Billy was gone, I was on Patton duty.  For the first 2 walks, I used the Baby Bjorn and it really hurt my back.  For the rest of the weekend, I used the Moby Wrap...after watching some helpful YouTube videos about how to correctly carry a newborn in one.  I felt that he was much more secure in the wrap, and it hurt me a lot less!  We also got laundry and dishes done while he was wrapped up!
Last week, I was beginning to feel antsy about the house chores not getting done, but then someone in the New Mom's group I went to, referred me to this poem: Babies Don't Keep.  And since reading it, I've chilled out a little.
Mother, O' Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth.
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due,
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek - peekaboo.

The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew,
And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo.
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo.

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow,
But children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep!
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

~ Ruth Hulbert Hamilton
A lot of people have asked me about how cloth diapering is going, but we haven't started yet.  Even at about 10lbs, he's still too small for the one-size diapers.  Maybe in a couple weeks.  I didn't even realize how expensive disposable diapers are!  We go through about a box of 100 diapers per week.
We also took Will to vote with us on Tuesday.  Obviously, his carseat cover was the wrong color.  Red would have been more appropriate to support our ticket!  He was very popular with the elderly ladies in line with us though!



No comments:

Post a Comment