Monday, November 5, 2012

Week 2

Our little buddy is continuing to thrive, tipping the scales at 9.4lbs today!  That makes me feel like all the time I spend feeding him is really paying off!  He's a bit of a lazy eater and usually falls asleep about 10 minutes in, so I have to find ways to keep him awake and alert.
I get Babycenter daily alerts, and today's message was about umbilical cord care.  How timely, because until yesterday, we forgot to clean it and forgot that he should only be getting sponge baths!  Whoops - parenting fail.  The good thing is that it fell off today, so that is one less thing to worry about!
Sleep may be getting better...we went for 3 hour stretches last night.  We'll start working on crib naps this week.  I used to look forward to bed, but not so much these days!  I know it will be smoother sailing soon!
We tried the moby wrap with some success this weekend!  It is not easy to get it wrapped up and put him in, but once he was in there, he was loving it and I was enjoying having use of both arms again!
I picked up a Baby Bjorn today at the consignment store for more regular use...and I imagine it will be easier to manage on my own!  I'm taking my first venture out this week on my own.  I need a carseat instruction class from Billy before Wednesday!
Another week down, and we're both getting better at this new`life of ours!


No comments:

Post a Comment