Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Due Date

Baby Will is due today and he is showing no signs of being ready to join us!  He's still moving and shaking in there and I'm not having any contractions as far as I know....braxton hicks or otherwise.

Seeing a midwife, means that I have signed up for the least amount of interventions necessary, so there won't be any talk of induction until approximately 42 weeks.  I think he'll be here sooner than that, though!  A lot of people ask me about dilation and effacement, but that is something they only check for if you ask them to.  And to me, it doesn't mean much, so I am fine not knowing for now.

In the mean time, maternity leave has begun and I've finished Emily Giffin's Where We Belong and I'm now working on The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls.  I'll be back to the library tomorrow if he's not here.  I do love getting to watch the full Today Show, Ellen, and a Baby Story throughout the day!

The belly is big and so is my face!  Water retention?  Too much ice cream?  I don't know.  The end is near, though!


2 comments:

  1. I hope I look like you when I'm pregnant! It's all in your belly!

    Glad to hear about the midwife thing, how did you end up finding your midwife?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice of you to say! My hospital actually has a midwife group on site that you can opt for during prenatal care or regular woman care. I've been very satisfied with my experience. I think the popularity of midwife care varies by region.

      Delete