Tuesday, October 9, 2012

39 weeks



Size: A mini watermelon and 20 inches and 7+ pounds.

Interesting fact: His nails may extend past his fingertips and his outer layer of skin is sloughing off.

Symptoms: Foot swelling, acid and back pain. Still not so terrible, compared to  many women, it seems.  I think coffee was giving me worse acid, so maybe that was more self-induced than caused by baby.  So no more coffee.

Maternity clothes: Four working days left! It turned chilly this week, which means dress season is over. Good thing maternity season is for me, too!  I cancelled my last 2 days of work because it is getting to be rather uncomfortable to be there 8 hrs/day.

Cravings: Work is taking me to Cheesecake Factory on Wed, so I will be looking forward to that and hope I hang on until then!

Aversions: B cooked Steak-ums this weekend, which looked good...until you see the fatty aftermath on the griddle! That was a first and a last for me.

Fun things: Waiting!  Nine months is a LONG time and I'm so happy we're nearing the end! I thought 39 weeks would never get here! My Mayo Clinic Guide to Pregnancy calls this the 10th month. What? I thought there were 9!?

What I miss: Sitting/laying down easily and comfortably.  Long walks.

Misc: The ringer on my phone has not been working since June, so now that Sprint was offering free iPhone 4s, I broke down and renewed my contract. I really don't even use the features of a smart phone, so I would have been ok w a flip phone, but I don't even think they are an option anymore! So in 3 to 5 business days, I will have a fully functioning phone!


I don't feel as big as I look, but I guess you really could fit a watermelon in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment