Tuesday, October 2, 2012

38 Weeks


Size: A pumpkin - how appropriate!  19+ inches and about 7 pounds.  The midwife guessed last week that he was 6.5-7lbs just by feeling his size.

Interesting fact: Thebump.com and babycenter.com don't have much to offer this week.  He's got a firm grasp now?  He's basically just plumping up from now until the end.

Symptoms: A little bit of foot swelling, especially by the end of the day.  Everything else is pretty much the same though.  GO AWAY acid!!!  Still an innie belly button though!
 

Maternity clothes: Exactly 10 days left of work, at most, so this is doable! 

Cravings: I wanted a McD's milkshake on Saturday on our way home from Latrobe, and to my horror, they had posted the calories on the menu board!  I downgraded to a caramel sundae.   

Aversions: We had shrimp & grits last night and SOMEONE forgot to take out the trash, so I was tempted to drag B out of bed to take care of the smell in the kitchen this morning.  Woof.
 

Fun things: We got to go visit LM's baby this weekend.  I really don't think I have ever seen a newborn baby.  He was just so tiny!  He was barely over 7lbs at 2 weeks, which is what Baby Will is predicted to be right now.  They made everything look so easy, which was comforting.  They have two loud dobermans and the baby didn't even flinch when they barked.  

What I miss: Sitting/laying down easily and comfortably.  Long walks.

Misc: I've been going back and forth on newborn photos.  They are not too pricey, and I like looking at other people's photos.  Two things that are keeping me from it are: rarely do people do them for their 2nd child...so is that really fair?  And Will is a boy. Seems like a more cute and girly thing to do.  So we will probably not do them.  As if there will not be enough pictures taken of him!


No comments:

Post a Comment