Sunday, December 12, 2010

So my Christmas cards have not arrived yet, but I am anxiously tracking them on ups.com Currently, they are in Jacksonville, FL. So I'm hoping for a Tuesday arrival at the latest. I don't think I'm running late yet though because I have only received one Christmas card so far! I even bought a cute card holder to hang on the wall too! It's just hanging there...nearly empty. Sad.

Last week was so so so cold. Low sixties as a high and for FL, that is no joke. This weekend was beautiful, as I saw from my spot on the couch. But we're back in the low sixties tomorrow. On the plus side, I was able to wear my courerory(sp?) pants that have not seen the light of day since we lived in VA. ANOTHER bonus is that it makes it feel more like Christmas. Aside from the Christmas music that has been playing almost non stop in our home. We also got a tree - an artificial one! This pleases me, as life is much better without me having to sweep the needles everyday. Patton has enjoyed taking the ornamnets off the bottom, so we now have it decorated 2/3 up.

Christmas shopping...not finished. Almost though. The goal is to have things that need to be mailed at the post office by Wed. So far the best deals I have had are a purse that I bought on buy.com and then the next day it was posted as $30 more! I also had a coupon for 25% off my entire purchase at the Family Christian store where I bought my aunt a willow angel and Billy's nana a book. Oh, and The Blind Side for 3.99 on amazon! Take that, Christmas budget!

Stay tuned...next Sunday Billy and I are the Advent readers at church. Right now the plan is for me to read and for him to light the candles. I'll see if I can coax him into reading just a bit.

2 comments:

  1. I just looked at your Christmas card on the post and started tearing up. You guys look so fabulous and happy and Patton is just adorable! (especially in his Steelers hat!) I saved your blog to my bookmarks on my phone so I can be better about keeping up with it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should say *on the post below*. I should proof-read before posting.....

    ReplyDelete