Monday, December 16, 2013

Random Monday

This is pretty random...as my mind is scattered with Christmas just next week!

Have you seen the new coke ad? It is the perfect description of new parenthood. Even Billy said, "spot on." http://www.fastcocreate.com/3023400/this-new-coke-ad-totally-captures-the-reality-of-early-parenthood?utm_source=facebook

I really don't know what kind of expectations I had of becoming a parent. I really didn't know much and had not been around babies. I had, of course,  made myself an expert in how other kids should behave though!  I had to laugh at myself last week, when Will was being a little dramatic about not having my phone. I don't know if it was a tantrum or just an outburst. But Of course I recorded it and sent the video out and thought, if someone had shown it to me pre-parenting, I would have wondered why they let their child act that way. LET a one year old act a certain way? Hahaha. That came right back and bit me, didn't it? 
I had a friend and her two year old over this week and it's so funny to be that the kids really only acknowledge each other when one of them has a toy that the other wants.  But let's be real, play dates are for parents as much as they are to socialize the kiddos.  And thank goodness for them! I learn a lot by talking w other moms too...back to the previous paragraph...I have minimal experience!  And now that the COLD is here to stay, outside time is pretty limited so I'm having to find other things to do to get out of the house.

Not much going on this week though. My first outing w friends...at night...without Will is happening this week. And I'm fairly confident I won't get a frantic call to come home from Billy! He has started to take over the bedtime routine a few days/week and it has been going so well. It only took 14 months!?!
Now that I have Will helping me emptying the dishwasher, loving the vacuum and putting his clothes in the hamper, I'm thinking his future wife is going to owe me a big thank you! One minor hiccup is that he tries to empty the dishwasher when there are dirty dishes too.
He started using the sign for "all done/finished" at meal time! I have to pay attention, because if I miss it, the food starts being thrown on the floor. Progress, though! I have to say I am enjoying having a one year old far more than a tiny baby!  He's cutting about five molars right now, and they don't seem to be bothering him as much as they did when the first ones were coming through.  Can I get an amen on that one?  

No comments:

Post a Comment