Tuesday, April 24, 2012

15 Weeks

Size: Navel Orange / 4 inches / 2.5 ounces

Symptoms: Fatigue, heartburn, occasional nausea-but not nearly as bad as it was for the first 3 months, increased sense of smell. 

Maternity clothes:  Not really, but my regular clothes are getting tight.  I'm still not big enough to wear maternity clothes.  Hair ties and safety pins are used on most of my pants.  I still feel more fat than pregnant...it's just an awkward stage.

Cravings: This weekend it was vegetarian sushi.

Aversions: Meat!  Billy tries to force it on me every few days, but I will not have it.  For protein, I eat almonds, protein bars and Greek yogurt.  Unfortunately, he discovered how good my yogurt was and is now trying to steal it, and it's not cheap!

Fun things: Spending time with Lisamarie and maternity shopping this weekend. It's awesome having someone else close by who is also going through this for the first time.

Looking forward to: Summer so I can wear easy dresses.  I hate wearing pants - pregnant or not!   Also of course looking forward to the gender reveal in 3 weeks!

What I miss: Wine, Coffee - but I do occasionally have a cup.  I've eased up on a lot of the "rules" since this first started.  I mean, avoiding feta because of the chance of listeria?  Please - if I have not been sick because of it on the past 29 years, chances are slim that it will happen now.

Misc: Every week seems like a little victory.  I was always confused when women talked about how far along they were in week increments instead of months, but now I get it.  A lot changes from week to week, and every week makes a difference to me now.  I'm also excited because I just switched to the midwife group at Magee hospital instead of seeing an OB.  I had been seeing a midwife at the practice I was at, but she does not deliver anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment