Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ohh the social media. It is everywhere, and I can barely keep track of what the new trend is. Here are my conclusions today:

1 - A lot of people have the Washington Post reader app on FB. I would never want this because I read ridiculous articles about Snooki losing 25 pounds and do not want everyone to know that!

2- Twitter? I tried it for one day and can't keep up.

3- Pinterest is still a little bit of a mystery to me. And also a little worse than FB in that you have all of the "boards" that make people think you are actually that crafty, ambitious, fit, etc. At least FB is pictures of things you actually made, or pictures of yourself instead of a model doing situps. Also I wish you could make boards private on Pinterest. I tried googling my name and my Pinterest account came up. No bueno.

4 - I will boycott the FB timeline for as long as possible. It makes it hard to see other people's pictures and I'm never sure where to look for the most recent posts.

5 - I'm thinking of getting a non-smart phone. Billy has a BB for work, and an iPad, I stare at a computer 7.5 hours a day( and then some more at home), we both have navigation systems in our cars, and a portable GPS. I'm beginning to think it is really too much, and an unnecessary expense. Thoughts? I know I'll be the un-cool girl without a smart phone, but who cares?

Lastly...I found this quite helpful:

3 comments:

  1. 1) I am also boycotting that stupid Facebook timeline.

    2) I do not understand Pintrest at all. I hae signed on once.

    3) Do not get a non-smart phone. That would be boring.

    4) I cant end on an even number...

    5) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People keep saying you will be forced to switch to the timeline, but I don't know if that is actually true. Patton is a little sad that he didn't win Moby's prizepack, but I think he'll get over it. We had a windchill of 3 degrees last weekend, so I thought of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are twinsies!! I read crap all the time and wouldn't want anyone to know that i actually care about snooki losing weight.

    also, i hate the fb timeline and have refused to move over to the new profile. i hate change!

    ReplyDelete