Sunday, February 5, 2012

I entered the weekend with high hopes of producing something of value from my sewing machine. I thought at first that I may try an "easy" 45x45 quilt . Once I arrived at Joann's, I thought...."Mehhh, let's start with something smaller. A potholder, perhaps." So I bought my materials and went home to get started. I thought that a homemade potholder would be a nice Valentine's gift for Grandma and Billy's Nana.

Several hours later, bloody hands, and crooked lines, here is the product and I will not be gifting it to anyone!



Not a total loss though. I learned some valuable lessons. One being that I have very little patience. Is that a new lesson? Not really. Two is that the proper tools should not be underestimated. Billy always yammers on about needing the proper tools and I have always ignored him. But seriously, the following items will be helpful if I ever want to even attempt a quilt:

After the potholder emotional explosions, I think Billy sensed that he could help out by vacuuming. There is no sweeter music to my ears than someone other than myself vacuuming. Two of our neighbors are coming over for the game and I suspect they will be wearing Steelers jerseys. I saw a lot of people wearing them today. I guess you're still a Steeler fan, no matter who is playing in the Super Bowl. Today, we will be cheering for the Giants though, because no one wants Tom Brady to win! Here is what Pittsburgh Dad thinks about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment