Tuesday, June 3, 2014

City mouse to country mouse

When we moved to this little corner of West Virginia, I ran into a few people in Pittsburgh who actually knew of this area, and all told me there was nothing to do here.  I have found that to be so untrue!  We don't have the big museums of a big city, but there is an active community here, to be sure!
                               
This morning, I went to a Mommy and Me fitness class with Will, which was pretty hilarious.  Any other day of the week, you could find us at one of two library's story time, Kindermusik, MOPS, Moms Club, DAR, Gymniks(like little gym) or even a church activity.  A park is being renovated a block from our house, where movie nights will start this month, there are farmers markets, strawberry fields, ferry rides, an art museum with kid and adult classes, trails, pools, and endless parks.
    
Now, with a grain of salt, I really cannot speak to the adult life here.  I've been nursing or pregnant pretty much the entire time we've lived here and we have never hired a babysitter. Lame, I know!  But for being a small area, in this state that has a certain reputation, I am seriously impressed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment