Thursday, September 15, 2011

It was chilly and raining this morning and realized the value or seat warmers(which I have) and rain boots(which I don't have)! Flip flops in 50 degree wet weather don't work so well! I did have a trench coat and an umbrella, which made it a bit more bearable on my walk from the parking garage to my building. My coworker commented on my coat, which got me thinking about how I got it...eight years ago! My college boyfriend actually gave it to me as a gift...after he broke his collarbone in one of his drunken escapades. His dad, who had similar drinking issues learned that gifts work well to make up for being a drunken idiot and suggested he buy me a nice present. I'm glad I kept the jacket, and not the boy!

Which brings me to something poignant from this past weekend. My dad told me that he thought I could have done better...as in picking a husband. Most girls would be supremely offended and hurt, but trust me, I have heard worse in these past 28 years. He did follow it up to say that he is thankful that Billy treats me so well and he likes having him as a son in law. While that is true, I think most dads probably have higher expectations for their daughters. Most probably don't say it to their daughters though! I know everything has not been coming up roses for the past three years, but I don't regret my decision for a minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment